SUYA SCOTCH EGG RECIPE
- 9 Eggs
- 70g Plain Flour
- 100g Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable Oil
- 550g Suya Sausage Beef
- Half a bulb of Onion
- 1 tab Dry blended Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 Seasoning cube
- 1/2 tsp Curry
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Suya Spice
- A pinch of salt
- Boil your eggs till they are hard (I prefer working with hard boiled eggs), break another egg into a small bowl, that will be your wash for later.
- Combine your sausage with all the spices and mix properly.
- In other small bowl add your flour, and in the third bowl add your bread crumbs. You should have a station of the egg wash, flour and bread crumb (see video below).
- Peel your eggs and pat dry with a paper towel. Taking a spoonful of sausage beef, place on your cling film, and flatten.
- Next roll the egg in plain flour, place it in the middle of your flattened sausage. Using the sausage as covering, form a ball until the entire egg is covered.
- Transfer the sausage and egg roll into flour and coat. Next put it in the egg wash and roll. Then place it in the bread crumbs and coat it entirely.
- In a deep pan, add enough oil to deep fry your scotch egg, when it is hot, place the Scotch egg in the oil. If the oil is too hot, the insides will not cook but outside will be burnt. If the heat is not enough your scotch egg will soak in oil.
- Allow to fry for about 5 minutes on each side, while frequently turning.
- Serve hot or cold!