5 Big Tomatoes
3 Ata Rodo (Scotch Bonnet)
3 Tatashe (Red Bell Pepper)
1/2 Cup Palm Oil
2 Tbs Iru (Locust bean)
1Maggi Stock Cube
1 Cup Beef Stock
- Blend tomatoes, pepper and onion. Sometimes I blend mine roughly, other times smooth.
- Heat a pot of palm oil and bleach for about 10-15 minutes. I like to add a small bulb of onion when bleaching. I discard it after bleaching. You will know it’s bleached when the colour of the palm oil goes from red to almost transparent and the aroma changes to “buka aroma” lol.
- After bleaching, allow the oil to cool a bit then remove a small portion of the oil for use later. Heat up the oil again and add chopped onions and Iru (locust bean), Maggi cube.
- Allow it fry for about 3 minutes, and then add your blended tomatoes.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes without covering the pot. Don’t forget to stir often so that it doesn’t burn.
- Fry meat with the bleach oil before using for the stew or grill them.
- Add assorted meats, add beef stock, no need to add salt to the stew because Maggi is enough seasoning plus the beef stock should already contain enough seasoning.
- When the oil floats to the top of the stew, you know it’s as good as ready. Now add the oil that was previously bleached and kept away for later use. I like to heat it up before adding it.
- After adding allow to cook for another 10 minutes.